Who I Am




 



In a couple weeks, there will a song introduced into the worship service.  It is to be sung with a track and the words projected on the overhead.  I am familiar with the song, but without written music, it is necessary to know the musical track well enough to know when to begin singing, when to pause, and when to continue.  


🎼 🎶 🎶  “I’m a child of God, yes I am.” 🎶 🎶 

I’ve had the song in my head all week, and truths from it keep popping into my day.  Just who am I? We are defined by so many things.  For example…

I am James T and Betty’s oldest child.  

I am wife to Kerry Pinkham.

I am the mother of two sons, grandmother to three granddaughters and one grandson.

I am a sister, an aunt, and cousin. 

I am a hairdresser.

I am a friend, a church member, a work associate.  


But so what? Do my connections to other people really define me?  Is so, how?


I am challenged by the lyrics of the song we will be singing, 🎶 “I am who You say I am.” 🎶 


It matters very little what my circumstances are. My circumstances influence me, but they don’t define me unless I choose for them to do so.


First and foremost is who my Creator God says I am in Christ Jesus . And He says:


“I am not a slave, but I am God’s child…also an heir.” Galatians 4:5-7, Romans 8:17

“I am chosen by God, a royal priesthood, Gods special possession, called into His light.” 1 Peter 2:9

“I am called friend, chosen to go and bear fruit.” John 15:15-16

“I am sealed with the Holy Spirit of God.” Ephesians 4:30 

“I have been given a spirit of power, love, and sound mind, unashamed of the testimony of my Lord.” 2 Timothy 1:8



More importantly, who is He? As Creator of it all, Who HE is defines all else.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bible Study 2024

Spirit Hovering